Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Primodels good reviews model Erika Fox the $25,000 modelling opportunity

 
 

Erika’s a beauty

21 Sep, 2011 04:00 AM
ERIKA Fox had never considered becoming a model before she was discovered on the streets of Melbourne almost two years ago.Now she is in with a chance to take out the third-largest beauty pageant in the world.
Erika, 18, will depart for Spain today, where she will represent Australia in the 40th Miss Intercontinental pageant.
“Since I was little, because I was tall for my age, everyone always said I should become a model, but I’d never thought anything of it,” she said.
“So when this opportunity came about I thought ‘why not?’”
Erika was walking down Bourke Street in Melbourne when her now agent, Paul Roberts, tapped her on the shoulder and gave her his business card.
But it wasn’t until a year later that she took up the opportunity to begin her modelling training with Primodel.
Since then, the Mildura Senior College year 12 student, who moved to Mildura from Werrimull to complete her VCE, has been juggling her studies and modelling work.
“About a month ago my agent called and said that I was chosen to do this out of about 3000 girls,” she said.
“Each week I’ve been driving down to Melbourne with my family and I’ve been doing different training, which is completely different to my modelling training.
“I’ve been trained how to talk, how to smile, two different walks – one for the dress and one for the bikini, how to stand and how to sit.”
Erika will compete against 70 other women for the Miss Intercontinental crown, $25,000 and the chance to live in Germany for a year with all expenses paid.
At the pageant’s coronation ball, she will wear a $3000 gown by Melbourne-based designer Loretta Adams.
“If this takes me somewhere, I’d love to model when I finish school, but I’d also be happy to do something in make-up artistry,” she said.
This story appeared in Wednesday's Sunraysia Daily 21/9/2011.
Print
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size







A MILDURA girl is set to turn heads on the world stage. Erika Fox, 18, will depart for Spain today as Australia’s representative in the 40th Miss Intercontinental pageant, where she will compete against 70 other women for the crown. Prizes on offer include $25,000 and an all-expenses paid year in Germany. Picture: Stacey Merlin
A MILDURA girl is set to turn heads on the world stage. Erika Fox, 18, will depart for Spain today as Australia’s representative in the 40th Miss Intercontinental pageant, where she will compete against 70 other women for the crown. Prizes on offer include $25,000 and an all-expenses paid year in Germany. Picture: Stacey Merlin
Picture: Stacey Merlin
Picture: Stacey Merlin


No comments:

Post a Comment